Rio 1700 for reactors?

FishBeard

Will a Rio 1700 be enough to run a liter of bio pellets, and about 1.5 cups of carbon? They will be run as 2 single reactors off a PVC manifold connected to the pump. One phosban 150 for carbon, and one phosban 550 for pellets. I just don't see it being cost effective to have to run almost 3 cups of gfo a month and need a larger reactor to run it anyways, when the bio pellets will do the same thing in the long run. I already have the pump, just need a 2nd opinion it will be strong enough to drive the 2 reactors.

BADGUS

I run a similar gph pump for 1/2 g of bio-pellets thru a bigger reactor,so you should be ok.

FishBeard

Anyone else have any input? I'm running a mj1200 on a carbon reactor now and it seems to have plenty of juice to spare, would the mj1200 be able to tumble 800ml of pellets and 18 tblspn of Rox carbon?

FishBeard

Alright so the mj1200 was a bust tryin to tumble just 200ml of pellets, not even close. So I got a few fittings and hooked the rio 1700 up, which has more than double the flow of the mj1200, and I'm barely getting any more tumble from the same 200ml of pellets. What the flock is the problem? I've run it both with and without the valve at all, I just get one little row around the edge of the canister rolling the pellets, hardly a tumble, and they are definitely nowhere close to fluidized like they should be. How big a freakin pump am I going to actually need to fluidize 800ml+ of pellets? This is friggin ridiculous!