RKL Hookups?

brettz16

I just ordered the RKL + SL1 and PH probe. Mostly because i wanted a better temperature monitor and ph monitor, plus its a good deal.

I plan to use 2 of the 4 outlets with a fan and heater for temp control. what should i use the other ones for? I already have 2 mp10wes, programmable led, and DIY auto top off. I do not have any doser but could maybe use one or two for alk and cal?
What are your thoughts.

Thedg

Skimmer if you want to setup standby mode if you dose phyto.
Return pump if you want to cut flow for feeding time.

brettz16

Skimmer if you want to setup standby mode if you dose phyto.
Return pump if you want to cut flow for feeding time.
Thank you, however i do not dose phyto and the mp10s have feed mode. I could maybe use for refugium light, or an extra powerhead on the sump to stir up detris

Im in same boat as you and cant figure out which controller to get due to not needing lighting control (have sols) have litermeter for ato,
seems all i really need is the ph and temp control.

probably use one on your return pump so you can easily shut it down with a button

not sure what the folks with multiple 8 outlet control do with the extra outlets..... i would way rather have more probe inputs than a bunch of outlets

gomery12

I use mine for return pump and skimmer to cut off when I feed in standby mode.
I have my my sump light on it also for turning on and off. IF you have anything that you have a plugged into a timer then this would also take care of that. What do you plug your lights/pumps/etc into? Even if you don't need to control it via the system it still serves as an outlet for a piece of equipment. I have all my equipment going to them and then those 2 plugs go to the surge protector. Less clutter out the back to the wall outlet.

i just use a cheap dj power strip has 8 outlets ln the back and 8 red switches on the front. works great for the things that are on 24/7 with easy option to shut power off with a button.

brettz16

For WC's i obviously cut off the skimmer and return. So should i have them on a dual surge connected to RKL. Then what? is there a button i push to turn off a certain channel?

gomery12

Standby/Feed mode
" the RKL has a Standby mode that can be programmed from 1 to 59 minutes. When in "Standby" ReefKeeper Lite turns off the powerheads and sump and skimmer pumps that are programmed to be off during standby mode for the set time or until "Standby" is backed out of. "