RO/DI system

Gary

I'll just say, you get what you pay for and being the most important part of your aquarium, you should go with a trusted brand and product. These guys scream bad business IMO.

Jimbojames

I'll just say, you get what you pay for and being the most important part of your aquarium, you should go with a trusted brand and product. These guys scream bad business IMO.
What are good brands? I was thinking BRS but i really dont need a 75 gpd

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I've heard of guys buying off eBay with no problems and you definitely could get a system within your budget.

Gary

BRS is great, my concern about getting a 50gpd or less is if an emergency came up and you needed a larger volume of water faster, a higher unit would yeild you more water in a faster amount of time. I just got my 150gpd unit today, my tank is only 30g with a total volume of maybe 60g.

I paid 240 for my six stage. I also like the fact that i can buy new resin. <3

trackfast

Princess Trainer
So if i buy a larger unit, i would have to buy a shut off so it wont over flow my can right
You could just hook it up when you needed it. You can get an adapter for a garden hose or a standard faucet. I do keep some water on hand for top offs, etc.

sparky5785

If you get in a BRS group buy you can get a 5 stage 75 gpd rodi plus system for $180 shipped it will come with everything you need, every connection you can imagine ball valve to manually stop it flush valve auto shut off valve dual tds meter pressure gauge all you need is a float valve to install in your can and it will keep you can full at all times. This is the best value out there as far as price vs features.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jimbojames

If you get in a BRS group buy you can get a 5 stage 75 gpd rodi plus system for $180 shipped it will come with everything you need, every connection you can imagine ball valve to manually stop it flush valve auto shut off valve dual tds meter pressure gauge all you need is a float valve to install in your can and it will keep you can full at all times. This is the best value out there as far as price vs features.

I would be interested in that but i might not have the money till the July 5th, is a 5 stage what i need or is 6 stage better and whats the Chloramines DELUXE

sparky5785

I'm sure joe will start a group buy at the beginning of july. It depends on the make up of your source water. If you have a lot of chlorine in your source water then the chloramines package might be for you but I doubt it. And all a 6 stage does is adds an extra di stage which does nothing it will make the di resin last twice as long but then you will have to replace twice the di resin. Seems like a wash to me. I have the 5 stage plus system and have no complaints or issues it works flawlessly for me. 2ppm tds before di 0ppm tds after di at all times and I always have 40g of fresh water available in my brute can.