RODI cleaning question

bulldog0407

Premium member
Hey everyone, I bought an RODI unit about a year ago. It still has the membrane and filters in it. I bought replacements for everything all 4 canisters and the membrane. I am planning on replacing everything tomorrow night but I am wondering do I need to clean the holding canisters first. If so what do I clean them with that will not mess up the replacement cartridges. Just rinse with tap water? Any help is appreciated.

Ryan

Joe5688

Hey everyone, I bought an RODI unit about a year ago. It still has the membrane and filters in it. I bought replacements for everything all 4 canisters and the membrane. I am planning on replacing everything tomorrow night but I am wondering do I need to clean the holding canisters first. If so what do I clean them with that will not mess up the replacement cartridges. Just rinse with tap water? Any help is appreciated.

Ryan
If you have the unit off and by a sink you can rinse the unit with regular water. I never rinse anything when I change filters. When I change my membrane I let my flush kit run for like half hour

airwaterice

Ryan
Ryan what kind of membrane do you have? a year seems early for replacing a membrane. have you done a TDS test? I was just curious because I sell Dow Filmtec membranes that last three to five years.

www.airwaterice.com
Email: sales@airwaterice.com
772-461-0256
home of the h2o guru

bulldog0407

Premium member
Hey thanks for the responses everyone. To clarify I bought the system used a year ago and had it sitting with no water in it. I ended up just rinsing everything out in the sink and wiping it down. I put all the new filters and new membrane in and was at 0 ppm. Thanks everyone for your help.

Ryan