Rosko's frag tank build

rosko23

Ok so I bought a frag tank from Anthony at NanoSeaCreations. It's 48x24x12. He did great job. He also built me a 38x12x12 sump which will be used for this tank and my 28x28x12 I'm getting from ReefSavvy. This frag tank will have 36" 6x39w Ati dimmable SunPower T5. And 2 Mp10's for flow. Also going to be using a Super Reef Octopus 300 Int skimmer, avast ATO, BRS dual carbon/Gfo reactor, going to hook it up to apex system I will be using with my other tank (that I'm still waiting for). 2 jäger heaters... Ummm can't think I what else...

I took the plunge and decided to build Stand myself... I am in no way a pro at carpentry work. First thing I've built besides framing walls. It started a little rough looking but I was able to make it look presentable.

My tank will be house mainly Lps.. But in mean time while I wait for my larger tank.. It will also be a holding tank for my existing corals/nems...

Here are some rough pics. Its so easy to snap pics with iPhone so i apologize for lack of picture quality. Once it's up and running. I'll get the dslr out.

Needs one more coat and I couldn't find a paint brush to finish inside... Plus adding doors... But this is it as of last night.

Jep21

Dude, This frag tank is gonna be epic!! Cnt wait till this is up and running. Awesome pics in the background by the way :)

rosko23

Dude, This frag tank is gonna be epic!! Cnt wait till this is up and running. Awesome pics in the background by the way :)
Thanks.. And lol yeah that's my other hobby. Also very expensive!! Lol waiting on my batman to fill that void

rosko23

oh and I forgot to mention.. I will have over 3k in Acans alone by next week or so in it... not to mention some sweet chalices.... ;)

rosko23

what about cycle time?
everything is coming from my existing tank... so I figured a week should cut it... I will monitor closely.. if its not ready.. they will go in my nano as a holding tank...

bare bottom and LR is from my cycled tank..

lunacris

this is indeed a sweet setup everything you got there is awesome seen it in boxes i wanna see it running and your close ill be swinging by again soon!!!! great job

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Nice build for sure ;) I like the frag tank size as it won't require that much light to hit sandbed..

BTW, great work on the stand :thumbup::thumbup:

Also what was the cost to build this stand?

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Wow, this is quite the setup! You have a heck of a lot of light for a 12" deep tank. The stand looks great. I wish I could build something like that :)

rosko23

Nice build for sure ;) I like the frag tank size as it won't require that much light to hit sandbed..

BTW, great work on the stand :thumbup::thumbup:

Also what was the cost to build this stand?
Thanks
Hmm prob like $120-140 with stain and paint. Plus I'm no professional. Not even close. So a couple of miscuts happened.. My stand for my main rain will be built by same guys that built mlreef's.. (as long as we can figure out it fits down stairs)

rosko23

Wow, this is quite the setup! You have a heck of a lot of light for a 12" deep tank. The stand looks great. I wish I could build something like that :)
Thanks.. Cant wait to get it up and running. Yeah I can always dim them down, but I didn't wanna go with less then upgrade tank... Then I'm screwed

rosko23

Final resting spot... Ignore mess.. Thats all my $hit for all my tanks... Just picking up some some last minute things, then plumbing starts.