rps all out coral dip_ my review

lunacris

so some may remember i had gotten a pest from somewhere montipora eating nudi. i did bayer dips only lost 1 piece , issue was dip is milky cant really see whats coming off . so i decided to order rps all out coral dip , had been reading says it kills nudi , and a bunch of other stuff including eggs . i wont be able to comment on the eggs yet . but i used 2 cups of water and 4 ml of the dip . one thing i dont like is the dropper . couldnt find a mark on it how many ml it was so i used my own , water turned slightly blue , put about 6 frags in at a time for 15 min then rinsed in fresh saltwater . and back into tank . i used same made dip about 6 times to get all the frags and few colonys . have to say even as it sounds sick i love to watch pests suffer and die .nudi died , flatworms , pissed and dead , worms pissed and dead . and algae started to come loose. about 2 hrs after i dipped all frags show polyp extension and no real signs of stress . have to say im really pleased with the dip so far and will continue to update as i try other corals .

ColaAddict

Now Who's gonna have the guts to try to dip smooth skinned acros in this dip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunacris

so today everything looking great , plating monti, encrusting monti, branching monti, acro , stylo, and pocillopora. next week i dip hammer birdsnest z and p maybe a shroom

lunacris

dipped corals again last night added to the list is yumas baby, and large, hammer , trumpets , zoa and paly, green polyp toadstool , 2 diff chalice , acan enchinata , lepto, slimer and birdsnest ...all open and happy today

lunacris

another dip happened . and found atleast 4 nudi . was having a talk in chat few days ago and another member brought to my attention that he had acro nudi's and after a different dip when made the let go of acros if he put them back in salt water within few hours they were alive . i can report that all 4 that i put back in salt water did not come back alive and are indeed dead . so thats a win for rps .

lunacris

UPDATE: been a while since i updated and unfortunately i do not believe rps kills eggs of the montipora eating nudi . i have been thru 3 bottles of this stuff in a attempt to beat the life cycle dipping every three days and they still hatch . it def kills the juvi/adults and also killed fw .ive also done bayer and the bugs were still coming on strong. with this said i have since set up a qt tank just for new corals and will be using rps dip as my go to . after seeing it work its magic on live pests it still has my vote . wish it were true to killing eggs but im still a fan .

tinman

UPDATE: been a while since i updated and unfortunately i do not believe rps kills eggs of the montipora eating nudi . i have been thru 3 bottles of this stuff in a attempt to beat the life cycle dipping every three days and they still hatch . it def kills the juvi/adults and also killed fw .ive also done bayer and the bugs were still coming on strong. with this said i have since set up a qt tank just for new corals and will be using rps dip as my go to . after seeing it work its magic on live pests it still has my vote . wish it were true to killing eggs but im still a fan .
so Bayer is leaving some live bugs (not the eggs) out that rps is killing ?

lunacris

cant say for sure since bayer looks like milk and dont know what is the jar when done . bayer imo is a bit more harsh on corals. i will still end up using bayer since its cheap but only on few corals until i test with others .