RR or Drilled

Bartek101

hi,
I am thinking about upgrading my 75g to 120g, want to by not RR as it'll give mo more space for rockwork and better flow ( no dead spots ). Now I need a glass shop or someone that is willing to drill my tank, possibly 4 holes. Drain, return and 2 for the close loop.
let me know whats out there on the SW suburbs.

OR

should I go with RR and forget about drilling it??

thanks

FishBeard

I can drill 1" and 3/4", but I'm like an hour away out west, not on the south side. Honestly it's extremely easy on a tank with glass as thick as a 120, the bits are cheap. Just drill slowly and keep the bit wet. It's more like actually scraping the hole, not really drilling it.

jpski25

Drilling is a lot easier than everyone thinks. Like George said go slow, just let the weight of the drill do the work, and keep it wet. Make a ring about 3 times bigger than the hole you want drilled using play-doh and fill it with water. Also tape the inside of the tank where the hole will be really good. The last thing you want is finally breaking through with the bit, and the glass slug falling and cracking the front panel. When I drill I like to make a guide board for the bit to fit through and clamp it to the tank. Makes starting much easier and keeps the bit straight.