Sad Story

Well I just went out on a fire to a house and it turned out not to be a fire but there was lots of smoke. As I am looking around the house for the cause of the smoke I go into a bedroom with 2 big saltwater tanks. Looked like they had been nice in their day but now just a mess. After searching we found tons and tons of salt creep on the back of the tank which turned out to be the problem....the salt creep went down the back of the and onto the power strip where it burnt up the strip and the wall. Fortunately for the homeowner the power breaker blew before any further fire/damage could occur.
As I was looking at the tank which was prob a 210gallon.....I saw a nice Star and Striped puffer and a huge zebra moray eel. The other smaller tank was an acrylic im guessing abour 45 or so....with a couple clowns. Everything else in the tank...snails and everything was dead. There was tons of rock in the big tank.

Anyways since the circuit breaker blew we were unable to get the tank running again and it may not have any power for awhile.

The owner of the tanks was a college kid that no longer lives at home and the tank has not been taken care of in what seems to be a long time.
I talked to the mother and told her that the fish wont live long without flow and heat and she is working on it but who knows what is going to happen.
I gave her my number and told her i could help her get rid of the livestock if she needed it.
We will see what happens.
I hope those fish dont have to die!!!!

Smitty

Premium member
Wow, well hopefully she contacts you and/or do the right thing with the surviving livestock. That is a sad story.