Salt mix

javiersito91

So im about to order salt again i would just like to know wich is the best brand out there i have been using the instant ocean mix what is your take on that brand

SkullV

For a reef or FOWLR? For FOWLR the best salt is whatever is the cheapest. For a reef I am starting to like the Crystal Reef stuff that TotalPetsPlus is carrying now. Plus the price is right!

The reefer

Nice. I should of bought one at the mcf event but I forgot. How far is totalpetplus from the city? Mayb if it's not that far I'll pik up a box.

Cubbies

Nice. I should of bought one at the mcf event but I forgot. How far is totalpetplus from the city? Mayb if it's not that far I'll pik up a box.
He's in Zion. I personally like Crystal Sea. I believe he carries it as well. If not Aquapros does. My coral love it and it's the right price imo.

Smith11

I just use instant ocean 50 gallon bags. The petsmart by me puts it on sale for like 13 bucks a bag!

FishBeard

I just use instant ocean 50 gallon bags. The petsmart by me puts it on sale for like 13 bucks a bag!
That's not really a great price, for like $5 more regular price you get 160g salt and a reusable bucket in the deal for IO. Now if you are talking about reef crystals, that's another story.

javiersito91

Currently is kal 450 ph 8.0-8.2 nitrates 0 nitrites 0 amonia 0 i got no way to check alk or phosphate

I would like to stay the same or idk if i got something wrong

Smith11

That's not really a great price, for like $5 more regular price you get 160g salt and a reusable bucket in the deal for IO. Now if you are talking about reef crystals, that's another story.
Yea the reef crystals box, its normally like 18 bucks so its 5 off

FishBeard

IO Salt is typically in the low to mid $40 range for a 160g bucket. When you said you were getting IO for $13 per 50g, that doesnt add up to a very good deal. You didn't say it was reef crystals for $13.

SkullV

Currently is kal 450 ph 8.0-8.2 nitrates 0 nitrites 0 amonia 0 i got no way to check alk or phosphate

I would like to stay the same or idk if i got something wrong
I would go with the Crystal Seas then, Tropic Marin PRO is also nice but it has a pretty low Alk. Reef Crystals is always a good choice as well but some batches have phosphate issues. Nothing GFO/Biopellets can't handle though.