Sand Sifting Starfish Update

1fishjones

Premium member
Thank God so far everything seams to be good. Overall he looks healthy, arms show no sign of wear, might even be some growth its hard to tell. See him touring the tank a couple times a day, usually during maintenance or in evenings when the lights ramp down. Because most everyone was concerned about having enough food in a newer tank I decided to focus on that. Besides adding small pieces of fresh shrimp under the sand every night I've been adding a bottle of Doc's Eco Matter weekly. I'm thinking the Doc's might even be the key, everything in the tank seams happier.
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bommie

Though about getting one but I always vacuum my sand bed for a water change....so I don't think there will be much for it to eat...personally I don't like to target feed anything or meet specific diet needs. I believe it just adds more maintenance and creates more waste. Good luck!

Sent from my Z740G using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Ive had mine for like 8yrs now they just do what they do. Sometimes they get sand in the corals in the sand bed but i hate crap in my sand bed anyway

spseminara

mine cruises all the time. I've had mine for 5 years and with vacuuming the sandbed he still manages to get by.