Sarah's Diving Pics

poidog

We'll be in Cancun, surprisingly pretty healthy reefs there. We were just on St. John 2 months ago and did a bunch of shore dives and they were great... also helps that all the reefs around the island are a US national monument, so no fishing or anchoring.

This trip will be the first time I get to test out my new gopro under water... I'll be sure to get video up when I get back.

Where are you diving? It's been since October for me and I am dying to go again, It's been way too long! Major withdrawals. haha.

sarahwoods

Oh NICE! We dive Cozumel once a year and each time take a day trip over to dive Cancun as well, there really is great diving there! We love it! Haven't been to St. John yet, would love to get to the Virgin Islands eventually! I agree, I love diving National Park reefs, they are so much better preserved! Have you posted any pics of your dives on the forums? I would love to see your pictures!

Can't wait to see the gopro video for the upcoming trip!

We'll be in Cancun, surprisingly pretty healthy reefs there. We were just on St. John 2 months ago and did a bunch of shore dives and they were great... also helps that all the reefs around the island are a US national monument, so no fishing or anchoring.

This trip will be the first time I get to test out my new gopro under water... I'll be sure to get video up when I get back.

poidog

Here's last year Cancun dive pics:
http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?5723-Cancun-Diving-April-2012

I just had a crappy old point and shoot camera that was in a bad waterproof housing.... the pressure kept depressing the buttons so I got about 100 photos where 90% where all out of focus or shots of bubbles. HA!

Oh NICE! We dive Cozumel once a year and each time take a day trip over to dive Cancun as well, there really is great diving there! We love it! Haven't been to St. John yet, would love to get to the Virgin Islands eventually! I agree, I love diving National Park reefs, they are so much better preserved! Have you posted any pics of your dives on the forums? I would love to see your pictures!

Can't wait to see the gopro video for the upcoming trip!

sarahwoods

I have the Olympus Tough 810 http://scubadiverinfo.com/3_cameras_olympus_tough_tg810.html with the Olympus Tough Housing http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Underwater-Housings/For-Compact/PT-051-(1).aspx . No strobes, just the camera and the case. I do bring a white slate down with me and manually adjust the white balance when I am down, that helps a lot with color pop in my opinion. I like it, I have only used it the past two dive trips I went on because I just got it, but I have been happy with it so far.

What camera/housing are you using? Do you have strobes?

capysolo

Wow, i guess i just got a bad one or didn't know what the heck i was doing (entirely possible). I had the same camera when i got married in Key West. We tried to use it everywhere, but it was so slow to take pictures... If something was moving even slightly, the picture was ruined. Plus all the previews on the screen appeared blurry. We even sent it in to be looked at and were told everything was fine. Sold it on craigslist for less than 1/3 of what i paid...

Thankfully we had my wife's old Sony (not waterproof) to take regular pictures with. The Sony was so much better at regular pictures....

capysolo

Wow, i guess i just got a bad one or didn't know what the heck i was doing (entirely possible). I had the same camera when i got married in Key West. We tried to use it everywhere, but it was so slow to take pictures... If something was moving even slightly, the picture was ruined. Plus all the previews on the screen appeared blurry. We even sent it in to be looked at and were told everything was fine. Sold it on craigslist for less than 1/3 of what i paid...

Thankfully we had my wife's old Sony (not waterproof) to take regular pictures with. The Sony was so much better at regular pictures....
I take it back, i didn't have the same one. I had the Stylus Tough 8010. Looks very similar, got confused. Mine still sucked :D