SCA PNP system, anybody have some insight?

Mooney190

I'm moving soon, and looking to purchase a larger tank. I've been reading some reviews about the SCA thanks, and they sound great. Does anybody here have one, and if so did you buy just the tank, or the PNP system? Any input would be great.

tinman

I'm moving soon, and looking to purchase a larger tank. I've been reading some reviews about the SCA thanks, and they sound great. Does anybody here have one, and if so did you buy just the tank, or the PNP system? Any input would be great.
depends on what size you are looking to get :)

their tanks and glass work is awesome, i have a 50 gallon and if i like their work

their overflow sucks .. not totally silent, and takes up lot of space.

their sump design sucks, i pulled off all the panels and resiliconed them to my liking.

the skimmer and the pump that come with thier setup SUCKS ..

i didnt get their stand but any stand made up of compressed boards suck ..

lol so just get their tank only pull off the over flow and drill it for ghost overflow :)

Mooney190

Would i just be better off getting a tank from somewhere like glass cages, and then building the system individually? Im thinking of going 36x36x25 (works out to approximately 140 gallons)

conchman

Premium member
I just recently got an SCA 50. Like Tinman said, overflow is quite large. Not sure how he has his setup, I'm going with Herbie style. Had my own stand, and just got a Trigger 20 sump. With a Reef Octo Varios, I hope it to be reasonably quiet.