Scott's pet shop in Westchester closed!

Ms0099rg

It's closed and now they have moved to Claredon Hills Illinois. This was a nice store back in the day when Scott use to own it.

scotty

they used to be THE store. before they closed, i went in once, and saw nothing, and left with nothing. sad really.

Ms0099rg

Yeah Scott sold the place I think last year. The place was going down hill after that. I stopped by the new store today ( looking for rock son's turtle tank) they have a nice shark tank most of the fish look good. Prices were a little high.

Catran

They used to be the best store in Chicagoland for cichlids! I stopped in about 4 months ago and it was so bad, I wouldn't even buy dry goods there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonefish13

It was going down hill before Scott sold it but it just continued to get worse after he sold it. That store used to be the best around and it's a shame it fell apart.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
The last time I was at the one in Claredon Hills, it looked bad. A lot of dead fish in the tanks and the staff couldn't care less if you wanted help.

IbanezIC300

I just did a LFS tour yesterday and stopped in Scott's just to see what the place in Claredon Hills looks like. The store has the potential to be nice, but I saw a lot of empty tanks and sad looking fish. The one lemon shark looks to have a pretty bad infection on its gills (not to mention that pond is way too small). I wish they would do something with the big tanks in the back of the store (or put them up for sale so I can have one). On a positive note their cichlid section looked fantastic.