Sell me on the Apex Jr

Monty06

Not too happy with the controller I purchased with my rapid led's. Pretty sure I'm going to get the apex jr to control the lights and safety device for in case of heater failure, that is unless u guys can talk me out of it. For those of you that have it, What are your thoughts on the apex junior? I currently have a 29 gal cube and someday soon will upgrade to something bigger, and will also upgrade the apex. So CR sell me on this!

Jimbojames

I had an apex jr on my 65 gallon it was great, i had a IO breakout for ato and a pm1 for ph, i would not be selling it if i wasnt upgrading to a 220. its a great system on a biocube, one day your gonna want the full apex.

Joe5688

yeah atleast go w/ the apex lite. The jr is to limiting especially if u plan to upgrade later. (even if u don't plan u will upgrade later) lol

Monty06

Cant you buy upgrades to make it the lite?

What if I dont want to run an internet cable across my family room, it doesnt have wireless capabilities does it?

MikeyB

Cant you buy upgrades to make it the lite?

What if I dont want to run an internet cable across my family room, it doesnt have wireless capabilities does it?
You can buy all the stuff, but in the end it'll be cheaper to buy it all at once. It doesn't have wireless built in so you'd have to get a wifi adapter and set all that up.

Joe5688

Apex got rid of the lite cause they are greedy bastards! Glad I got mine when I did lol.

I don't understand why they did it cause they don't have anything to compare w/ the RKE now

U had RKL and Apex Jr
Now u have RKE and apex nothing. Stupid IMO

MikeyB

I think they discontinued it when they released apex Gold. I know they had it a couple months ago..

Monty06

Joe, in your opinion is that reef keeper elite worth looking at?

Also found the lite on aqua cave.com. Ever buy from them anyone?

Last edited:

Knuckles

I would get the apex. I had the RKE before and didn't really like it. I've bought from aqua cave before. They are ok. Shipping is cheap and pretty quick

gig

I've got the regular Apex, love it, one if my best purchases, then I'll put my MP40's next :)

Joe5688

Yeah it's one of those thing u don't realize how awesome it is until u have it. The amount of things u can control and the amount of control u have on those things is awesome. It takes a little bit of learning to get it but it's worth it in the end. A bunch of guys give up cause of the programming but it's easy enough to copy paste from other refers programs before u can learn your own.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mpsti05

Love my apex lite, just got the fusion beta invite and set it up last night, so far it's freaking awesome! The Vortech controllability is awesome, setting up text and email alerts was a breeze and no more port forwarding stuff to check on the tank when I'm not home, I just log into the apex fusion link on my iphone and bam it's all there.