Seneye Reef+ for PAR measurement

yman182

It goes well. Everything is growing out, but I cannot tell if my lighting is right. Not sure if it is to bright or not bright enough. I was looking at PAR meters, but they are are so darn expensive so I found this thing and wanted to see if anyone had any feed back on it. Hopefully I will have some tank updates in the near future to post!

Reeflogic

Nice, keep me posted on this thread if you decide to get one, you can be the guinea pig! ;) I also went through a few months of second guessing my DIY led build with intensity, color combo, etc. I finally dialed in about 50% on the CW's & OCW and around 70% on blues and HV's, with an hour peak of 20% increase in the afternoons, everything seems to have adjusted and is starting to grow out nicely.

My 90 comes down tomorrow and goes in the 57g, move on Tuesday...fun times...lol Glad everything in that awesome build is doing well ;)

madjoe

Premium member
Ive read about these a while back think there was a post on a forum i read . Then i forgot about it and havent heard anything since would be cool to hear if anyone ever tried

yman182

I have been playing around with this thing after work today. It is pretty cool. It comes with one cartridge to test ammonia and ph which needs to soak for 48 hours. The Par meter seems to work pretty well. I have learned that I keep my lights way lower than I need! So far it is a pretty good $100 spent.

DD

"Rambo"
That's really cool. I looked into these a while ago but never committed to getting one. I'd be really interested in seeing how it compares to an apogee meter. If it's pretty close, I'd order one.

yman182

That's really cool. I looked into these a while ago but never committed to getting one. I'd be really interested in seeing how it compares to an apogee meter. If it's pretty close, I'd order one.
If anyone has an apogee, i would be more than happy to help compare them.