Shark?

greenninja19

Is there any sharks that could happily live out his whole life in a 220 with minimal live rock. 6 ft long by 2ft wide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

frostyjay1

you can do a whole variety of freshwater sharks, but not marine sharks. you may be able to do a ray tank though

greenninja19

you can do a whole variety of freshwater sharks, but not marine sharks. you may be able to do a ray tank though
Had a thread on that and decided that the tank would not be large enough any marine rays for the duration of its life

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

greenninja19

Okay no sharks in the tank, probably just going to do some larger predatory type fish thanks for the help guys

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Coral cat

I think the minimum is 3' deep. And rays also require a large foot print because they are round. I'm currently setting up a shark/ray tank with my 300 display and 110 sump.

FlyinBryan

From what I've heard sharks don't stop growing and will out grow a 210 tank very quickly. Also have to have rounded edges. Good luck!

martin595

The shark are very difficult to control in tanks. But with proper feed and care, the 200 gallon tank is good for shark handling.

Reef City

When we first set up the 760g at the shop we had 2 cali horn sharks, 2 smooth hounds and 3 rays.
The trick to keep them from stubbing their noses on flat panel tanks is to draw some pictures on the tank. My daughter had large pictures of algae (kelp) on the ends of the tank and they learned quick that they can't pass it, and would turn around and be on their way.

So we sold 3 of the sharks and a ray to a buddy that keeps them in a 600 and they've been doing just fine.

We still have the cali horn shark in the 760 and he is doing wonderful. They grow to about 5 feet in length as an adult. So yes, one day he will have to go to a larger system because our display is only 10 feet across.

I am NOT by any means saying that anyone should go out and buy a shark just because "they are oh so cool to have".... I'm just saying there are ways of keeping them happy and safe in an unconventional tank.

[video=youtube;ZtAWqGqTc4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtAWqGqTc4A[/video]

~ Margaret