Silly question

Danieldv6

Can I use my RO/DI waste water for a fresh water tank?..am planing on build one but not sure about it..
Thanks guys

Fish_wiz2

Sure can as long as it's not super sensitive species like certain shrimp. TDS on waste water is usually ridiculous lol

Danieldv6

But why do you want to
Just cause you can swim in a dirty swimming pool doesnt mean you want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I dont know am just been dummy I gues..I tought since water has already passed thru carbon and sediment filter before be dumped,it may be cleaner than tap water..sorry am just trying to understand fresh water..may even use my clean water I use for salt

tinman

Honestly I dont know am just been dummy I gues..I tought since water has already passed thru carbon and sediment filter before be dumped,it may be cleaner than tap water..sorry am just trying to understand fresh water..may even use my clean water I use for salt
no RODI water wont work for fresh water tanks either .. it doesnt have the needed ions.. and kill the fish ..
the salt we mix has them .

it purely depends on what you wanna keep in the fresh water tank ..
plants really dont care.
shrimp - regulars dont care , delicate species do ..
fish -- depends on the location where the fish is from, German blue rams and neon tetras ( most pretty ones haha ) prefer a ph value of close to 8 which is easily attainable by rodi water mixed with ions ( additives )
for basic fish just use the tap water with dechlorinator and you will be fine.

Danieldv6

Cool..thanks tin..I'll just go tap water/dechclorinated..oh am planing on planted tank with some shrimps and any small regular fishes,tank will be a biocube14 or biocube 29's I got around

GugsJr

TeamCR
I wouldn't recommend using waste water for freshwater tank use it to feed your garden or wash your clothes.

If you are going to use RO/DI on a freshwater tank you have to add a buffer back in. I used to do this when I used to breed discus.

You could always T it off before the DI if you want fresher water

Danieldv6

I wouldn't recommend using waste water for freshwater tank use it to feed your garden or wash your clothes.

If you are going to use RO/DI on a freshwater tank you have to add a buffer back in. I used to do this when I used to breed discus.

You could always T it off before the DI if you want fresher water
Thanks guys..so watch,I installed this filter under my kitchen sink,so water from that filter should be good?

Attachments

Fish_wiz2

If there's a carbon block in there then yes, but do splash in a bit of dechlor just in case. Replace at least every 6 months or when chlorine starts to creep up.