Siporax

wrasse

I was wondering if anyone is currently using Siporax and if they have any insight into their use of Siporax? Also, where a good source to buy Siporax?
I have high nitrate 50 ish. I can get nitrate down to 35 or 40 with water 20-25% water change but then it will settle back to 50ish in a week or two.
I am looking for a more stable easy to maintain solution.

maidia

Team CR
I was wondering if anyone is currently using Siporax and if they have any insight into their use of Siporax? Also, where a good source to buy Siporax?
I have high nitrate 50 ish. I can get nitrate down to 35 or 40 with water 20-25% water change but then it will settle back to 50ish in a week or two.
I am looking for a more stable easy to maintain solution.

Why not try nitrate reactor? Try this you will no more water change:

wrasse

That's an option I looked at. The Siporax rings seem to be easy to use. You place them in a sump and they remove nitrates. Once in a while you may have to rinse off detritus and if you use to much, ULN, you simply take some them out of your sump.

Bowhunter4250

That's an option I looked at. The Siporax rings seem to be easy to use. You place them in a sump and they remove nitrates. Once in a while you may have to rinse off detritus and if you use to much, ULN, you simply take some them out of your sump.
I started my 300 with siporax , ended up taking it all out as it did exactly what you need ....... removed No3 , i was stripping every ounce of nutrients out of my water , now granted i was using WAYYYY too much , it does work very well but takes time ..... 1litre will filter 265 gallons , i used 50 liters for 425 gallons and never had a registered reading of No3 , yes you can put them in your sump and forget about them ....... i have a whole bunch if your interested in some ?