Skimmer float switch.

madjoe

Premium member
Hey i know some of you guys run float switches on your skimmer cap so it cant over flow. Where do you get them from i was able to find some long on ebay but when I received them the diameters were to big seems like they gotta be kinda narrow

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I have to put my skimmer cap tiny bit off the cup so the float switch doesn't rub on the inside of the cup. Saved me a bunch for sure.

madjoe

Premium member
I have to put my skimmer cap tiny bit off the cup so the float switch doesn't rub on the inside of the cup. Saved me a bunch for sure.
I cant do that because of the swabbie i built for it . I remember there was a place that sold them made for skimmers i just cant remember

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just put a drain container in your sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have u seen my sump no room . Plus id forget to drain that and have the same issues. With the float switch im sure i can program a alarm for it

york3rdbase

Premium member
I cant do that because of the swabbie i built for it . I remember there was a place that sold them made for skimmers i just cant remember

- - - Updated - - -

Have u seen my sump no room . Plus id forget to drain that and have the same issues. With the float switch im sure i can program a alarm for it
Haha. My system is so basic, so I guess I don’t think about not having room. I have seen some setups with a drain line to an external 5 gallon bucket. Not sure if that’s possible for you but that at least would give you time remember to drain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Haha. My system is so basic, so I guess I don’t think about not having room. I have seen some setups with a drain line to an external 5 gallon bucket. Not sure if that’s possible for you but that at least would give you time remember to drain it.
Nah they also sell davy jones lockers but for a 5$ float switch im covered those lockers arent cheap lol

madjoe

Premium member
What tools/diy parts did you need Joe?
Is this connected to a breakout box?
Yea i have a diy break out box . It came with my system but didn’t work so I rebuilt it now it works great. Other then that just a 90degree angle float switch and a step drill. After that its just some coding in apex

madjoe

Premium member
I will say i have big skimmer cup and the 90 barely fit kinda reason gasket is on out side and not inside. So before drilling holes in your cup make sure its gonna work lol i got lucky and was able to sneak it in