skimmer issue

kurens

looks like my skimmer not skimming.Precision marine RL175(up to 175g) with theirs sump/refuge R30.
tank is running for 4 months now and i got 8 fishes,some big snails and crabs.
i didnt cleaned it from first day!,there is no foam in cup or milky water in chamber,its all clear.sits 9 inch in water like they recommended on website.
any suggestions?

ColaAddict

+1 on checking if air is being mixed with the water. The air is what creates the bubbles and skimming action.

gig

also does it have a waste line from the collection cup? if that gets blocked, it can cause the skimmer to stop working as well.

kurens

thanks guys for replies.i checked air line and nothing blocked it i didnt see and air bubbles in chamber from day one,will take it out today to inspect it.no waste line from cup.

poidog

are you getting any air suction? put your finger on the silencer hole and see if you feel anything.

poidog

no video needed. something is blocking your air intake. Check your tubing, pump, impeller, venturi.

kurens

i got it.hole was blocked when air tube is connected with venturi(that how its called i believe) but it wasnt from salt or dirt,i need to use screwdriver to make it through.i never seen bubbles before in chamber and i tested it before in bathtub for 2 hours.Now i got lot of bubbles in chamber.
i can hear air in silencer(need to find other piece to close it together)
Man i feel stupid!thanks Guys i really appreciate it!