Skimmer Survey

I'm looking to change/ upgrade my skimmer. What is a good/decent skimmer for a 65G SPS dominated with 20G sump ? I'm looking to spend around 200-300 dollars. Let me know what skimmer you use and what is the long term quality of the skimmer. Every skimmer is great short term but I'm looking to use it long term. Thanks

The Reef Octopus skimmers are hard to beat when you are looking at bang for the buck. You have to see what will fit in the sump compartment and start to rule out ones that won't fit. I wish I had done that.

goatous

I've been using the 120DC Skimmer by Simplicity for a similar setup for around 6 months with no issues.
I know you are looking for advice for Long-term quality and I can't say, but he pump is the most likely part to fail and that is ~$20. I don't know if it pays to spend a lot more money for a skimmer when the replacement part that you will likely need is relatively cheap.

Pros- Quiet, adjustable DC pump, produces good skimmate, feed mode, well made for the price point, low power draw
Cons- fit and finish (bubbles escaping into the sump)

I have a bubble magus NAC5.5, I have had it for over a year now. Started on my 40 breeder with 29 gallon sump. Worked awesome there. It is now with my 75 and 55 sump, total volume of about 110gallons. I have to empty the cup about once a week and the stuff in it is nasty. It is very quiet and has not had any issues yet. My only complaint is that it takes a little time to get set with the skimming, but once it is right it is awesome.

ultimatemj

At the top end of your price range (around $280), but I have nothing but good things to say about the AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1
Water Flow Rate: 1800 l/Hr
Air Intake: 360 l/Hr
Pump power consumption: 16 watts

Thank you everybody for the input! fortunately I soaked my whole skimmer in a bucket of vinegar for 48 hours and it is working like a champ! Thank God I don't have to spend more money getting a new skimmer! Mods please close!