Skimmer vs Skimmer

Reefaholic

Premium member
I'm trying to figure out what's the best fit for the new biuld I'm working on. It will be a 40 breeder with 20 long Sump.

What skimmer to use:
Aquamaxx coneS co-1 or Vertex Omega 150

Anyone have any expierince with these.
Any info is much appreciated.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Not everyone at once please ! Seriously nothing? No one has anything to add?
There are a lot of skimmers out there. I don’t have either of those and comment on them. I’ve had a SKIMZ for years and like it, but don’t have much to compare it to.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I use a reef octopus diablo xs-200 and I upgraded the pump to a varios 4 DC pump and couldnt be happier. I've had this skimmer forever!

Started with my 75, 93, 120 and now my 210 gallon tank.

Only skimmer I've ever used

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mjl714

I’ve never used the skimmers you’re considering, but have used AquaC and now have Lifereef, both work great, and accept any pump.

Spartanman22

I had a Vertex 150 w/Swabbie on a heavily stocked 80 gallon display and 30 gallon sump. It was a fantastic skimmer. I do think a 150 would be overkill for your size setup. May be better looking at the Vertex 130 or the Somatic - I think these are made by vertex as well.

I’ve also run Reef Octopus with great results. I ran a Diablo 160 on a 60 gallon system - again heavily stocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefaholic

Premium member
Excellent Thanx everyone,I have always heard great things about Skimz. I used Reef octopus with good results in the past but was thinking about using a different skinner for the new build.