Skimmer

Arthur

After 3 years break I will be setting up 180 gal Fish with Live Rock Tank. For 15 years I always had Reef Tank so decided to go with Fish only so I can have Fushes I couldn't while having a Reef Tank. What kind of Skimmer would you guys recommended for that kind of Tank? I'm trying to research first before I'll pull a plug. Thank's in advance.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I've always been a fan of reef octopus, I'm trying a new skimmer on my frag tank from SR Aquastik and that's working really nice as well.

Arthur

I've always been a fan of reef octopus, I'm trying a new skimmer on my frag tank from SR Aquastik and that's working really nice as well.
I had Reef Octopus on my old Tank. Really liked it. Will have to look at sizes too. Probably something for like 220 gal as you always should go bigger then actual size of the tank..

goat585

Administrator
I use skimz skimmers and they work will for me. The down fall is the pumps reliability can be suspect from time to time. The skim great for me. Ive used reef octopus in the past as well with good results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mjl714

I’ve got a Lifereef SVS2-24, I’m considering selling. I’ve got two, keeping one for sure.

Tmyboy

I've had a number of them over the years, but I seem to like the Reef Octopus NWB-150. It seems to be a lot less finicky then other skimmers I've owned. The only thing is that you have to clean out that cup at least once a week becuase it doesn't seem to produce as much if you don't. My wife loves when I clean the cup out..lol! She runs away from the smell. :)