Smacks Nuvo 16

SMACKERS4

Last edited:

SMACKERS4

Well, tank doesnt seem to be too happy ATM, GBTA's health started declining this past weekend puffed up for a few hours then back to its shriveled state. Today, i noticed the clown what looked to be "nipping" at it

This is what it looked like after being in my tank for about 2 weeks.
View attachment 4295
the the following day it looked like this
View attachment 4296
then today, i notice the clown nipping at it, and then his foot started peeling away from the rock, i took the rock out, turned it upside down, gently stuck my finger behind the nem and it pretty much plopped into my cup, right now the cup is floating in the tank with this poor guy in it.
View attachment 4297

SkullV

You run carbon? That was one thing that I always noticed helped with BTAs. Don't know if that is a real thing or all in my head, but they have been proven to use allelopathy with other anemones and corals.

SMACKERS4

One compartment in each of the media racks has a triple stack of "activated carbon foam pads" i think the clown may have just been beating the crap out of it, i guess only time will tell. It just seams like it was doing fine until the clown started hosting it. Other than that nothing really changed and it was fine since i put it in the tank.

SMACKERS4

Sooooooo, i just "accidentally" did about a 90% water change with Aqua-vitro Salinity. I forgot the false wall wasnt completely sealed around all sides and thought i was only changing a large portion of the display area, to my surprise, after i drained 10g out of the display area, the whole sump area was damn near empty as well. i had a 2 degree swing in temp salinity is spot on. I am on my way to a friends house to grab some bacteria in a bottle to compensate for the large volume water change. Wish me luck.

tinman

bacteria doesnt live in the water and the bacteria in the rocks will be fine and just as good enough as before ..

problem with that large of a water change is the alk and ph swings affecting the corals .. 2 degree temp is ok i think

Sooooooo, i just "accidentally" did about a 90% water change with Aqua-vitro Salinity. I forgot the false wall wasnt completely sealed around all sides and thought i was only changing a large portion of the display area, to my surprise, after i drained 10g out of the display area, the whole sump area was damn near empty as well. i had a 2 degree swing in temp salinity is spot on. I am on my way to a friends house to grab some bacteria in a bottle to compensate for the large volume water change. Wish me luck.

SkullV

Bigger issue with salinity is that the alk can get as high as 13dKh. Ph is much less of an issue as a likely 4-5pt alk swing. Hope everything works out!

SMACKERS4

UPDATE-Water change went well, corals seem to be responding positively. Zoas are even starting to open and all polyp extension on my montis has improved, nitrates are less than 5ppm. After a few cups of espresso this morning, i found the motivation to install my avast ATO which should help stabilize the tank better.

Nem did not make it, came home to it last night and it looked like a green lifesaver, there was a hole in the mouth that went all the way through. and over all looked like crap. Not exactly sure what happened, but i have a sneaking suspicion my clown was giving it a bit to much "love" since it seemed to have went downhill after it started hosting. Ill wait a few months to make sure tank is staying stable, then IF i get another one i will look for a larger one that may hold up a bit better to the "Clown love"

Here are a few pics of some coral i picked up last week. Monti Caps are a bit beat up from not being secured to anything and getting swirled around the tank and under rocks and getting dragged out, so when those heal up ill get some shots but for now heres a couple acans and a rainbow monti.

Picked these up from Good Water in Kenosha, WI

Green/purple Acan with wicked pink stripes under blues
View attachment 4303

Got this acan on a HUGE discount on account of it getting stung by a hammer. looking better cant wait to see how it looks fully healed.
View attachment 4304

Rainbow Monti
View attachment 4305

Oh yeah, almost forgot,
ORA Neon Green sinularia (freshly cut) and Photobomb of Orange Dendronepthia (NPS)
View attachment 4306

Last edited:

SMACKERS4

Love this acan, keeps getting better and better
View attachment 4398
Also got this rainbow acan from ben at ascension Aquatics
View attachment 4399
Added more zoas too the blow pops and watermelons from Ben at Aacension aquatics and the black hole suns from good water aquatics
View attachment 4400
Also thanks to [MENTION=1672]aaron0818[/MENTION] and his custom bracket for the Radion G3 Pro I was able to effortlessly mount my radion over my tank! Thanks again bro I love this mount, compliments the nuvo in every way!
View attachment 4405View attachment 4406View attachment 4407

Last edited:

SMACKERS4

View attachment 4612
Got some goodies from [MENTION=324]Best Fish[/MENTION] and removed the blue tang and all (about 10-15) but 3 blue legged hermits and took them to good water for some store cred. Also added some reef flakes since I had all the rock out to get the tang outta there...

Last edited: