Smitty's 37gal reef

Smitty

Premium member
Thanks Dre...having leds on my tank still hasn't convinced me over mh's.effectiveness. I'm thinking of permanently switching back.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Thanks Dre...having leds on my tank still hasn't convinced me over mh's.effectiveness. I'm thinking of permanently switching back.
LOL!!! I'm testing LEDS, but still unsure myself.. Seeing a few good results but needs more time. MH are the best!! Just hate the heat issues :(

Smitty

Premium member
LOL!!! I'm testing LEDS, but still unsure myself.. Seeing a few good results but needs more time. MH are the best!! Just hate the heat issues :(
Yeah, the heat and the comed bill. This fixture has a fan attached to it, and my temp has stayed around 78.8-8.0* since it's been running. So far, so good. :)
Good luck with your testing.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Your tank looks full like a real reef! The MH's are going to blow it up ;) Personally, I've been thinking hard about going to LED's but quite frankly, I'm getting good color and great growth out of my MH's, plus heat isn't an issue since i have a cooling fan that my rkl trips when it gets too warm. I float between 78-80 which is fine with me.

madjoe

Premium member
Really y? Ive had every light system u can think of vho, mh, t5 now ebay mande in china led few bulbs changed for color and by far led has best growth and coral color bot to mention com ed xnas party is no longer funded by my tank lol. T5 was next favorite then vho t12, mh i didnt like one bit had en on and hated color . Just curious why u dont like led u r using

Smitty

Premium member
Your tank looks full like a real reef! The MH's are going to blow it up ;) Personally, I've been thinking hard about going to LED's but quite frankly, I'm getting good color and great growth out of my MH's, plus heat isn't an issue since i have a cooling fan that my rkl trips when it gets too warm. I float between 78-80 which is fine with me.
Thanks Eric...

Smitty

Premium member
Really y? Ive had every light system u can think of vho, mh, t5 now ebay mande in china led few bulbs changed for color and by far led has best growth and coral color bot to mention com ed xnas party is no longer funded by my tank lol. T5 was next favorite then vho t12, mh i didnt like one bit had en on and hated color . Just curious why u dont like led u r using
I personally think that these leds I currently have are great, especially for growth, but I don't think it has all the color spectrums I'm looking for, and I think some of the corals lost some of their coloring.

mr_z

I will have to stop by and check out your tanks progress soon If you don't mind. Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangency

Tank looks awesome smitty. I like the seafan. I want like to add one to my tank too but havent done all my research yet. I have heard some can be difficult to care for. Have you had luck with yours? How long have you had it? Want to sell/trade a frag of it? :)