**** snail created a overflow...crap

Jwblocal701

So in my overflow pipe I have a valve to slow flow down a little
This morning I go downstairs and my pump us gurgling and my ato tank(only 10 gallons of ro) is empty...w t f
No water anywhere probably cause there is a drain in my floor under my tank and my furnace is in that room.
So I start adding some SW I have in a bucket and BOOM the tank overflows
Dang SNAILS got stuck in the valve that was partially open and plugged up the drain.
Luckily my ro tank is only 10 gallons so it only dropped my salinity down to 1.023

And that is why you don't hook ato up directly to a water line
Or else it would have put endless amounts of fresh water into my tank killing everything.
I made that mistake in the past

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Happened to me once from snails but I caught it about 10 seconds before i went to bed for the night. It was Nerite Snails. Got rid of all of them. Stupid nerites would slither out of my tank and end up on the floor sometimes.

tikireefer

I had the same thing happen a few years ago. It was not a fun mess to clean up. I bought a Ultralife Float Switch and installed it on my tank. My return pump is plugged into the Float Switch device and if the water level gets too high in my tank, my return pump kicks off. $60 insurance policy in case anything ever clogs your overflow.

Jwblocal701

I had the same thing happen a few years ago. It was not a fun mess to clean up. I bought a Ultralife Float Switch and installed it on my tank. My return pump is plugged into the Float Switch device and if the water level gets too high in my tank, my return pump kicks off. $60 insurance policy in case anything ever clogs your overflow.
I like that's idea

I also have a cover on the overflow
It's a RR tank and the snails push the cover up and sneak in