snail eggs?

LaniBaby

I found these in a trail all over the glass. My tank currently contains 2 nasarius, 1 bumblebee, 2 types of astrea, and 1 cerith. They're all over the glass. Will they survive and do I want them to?

KiLaGo

I have heard that it's hard to get nasarius snails to reproduce. Astrea snails do all the time. I have a dozen or two of eraser size astrea in my tank. I am sure at some point I will have to pluck some out and give away. The little ones do not come out until night when it's safer, but they are good at getting the places that the larger ones can not.

Cubbies

Depends on whose they are they might survive. I have Nerites that do it all the time but they never hatch. Some snails will breed though. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to have them in your tank. Unless they start over breeding.

Depends on whose they are they might survive. I have Nerites that do it all the time but they never hatch. Some snails will breed though. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to have them in your tank. Unless they start over breeding.
I have Nerite eggs as well and you are right they never hatch. I have a ton of baby margarita snails though. Margaritas do not lay eggs but spawn in the water column. And they just show up one day as baby snails. It seems that my Scott's wrasse eats them. I have been thinking about getting more wrasse to control the population.

LaniBaby

i've seen a few rounded shells on the glass, little tiny ones, but im' not sure which snail they're coming from because they don't look like any of the ones I have. I'll keep an eye and see what, if anything, comes out of these guys. Thanks!