So I kinda dropped off the map for a while

Rallos

Hey guys,

I haven't been around much as some of you may or may not have noticed. I was in an accident (really don't wanna talk about the details) over the summer and ended up having both of my legs amputated below the knee. I just got my first prostheses from the VA last week so things are slowly on the up and up. Gotta relearn to walk and all that. During the course of my long hospital stay my tank was broken down by family and the livestock taken to the LFS (the ark in Merrillville). I decided that I might actually be able to start a tank now so I will be posting a build thread soon. Keeping it simple right now and just doing a FOWLR so if you guys have any pest critters or badly behaved fish/inverts that you want to get rid of I will gladly take them. Gonna get a simple light and do some macro algae and kind of just let it go wild and see where it leads. This also means that I have a bunch of extra reef specific stuff that I no longer need and will be selling off. Including a full dosing setup from BRS (the alk + cal big buckets and dosers) and the old style apex controller with wxm module. I thought this was going to be a big long post but I ran out of things to say...

Rcunning8

Premium member
Hey man! Welcome back, glad to have u back on board with the rest of us crazy reef nerds! Glad to hear you are doing better and looking forward to the build thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
Welcome bacck Chris. So sorry to hear about the injury, all the rehab and the tear down. Glad to hear you're back at it and looking at a fowlr. What size tank are you going with?

tinman

Soo sorry to hear that Rallos, i was just wondering if you are still in the hobby the other day.

Keep your head up and dont loose hope brother.. Good Luck with everything

Rallos

Thanks guys :) I'm doing a 54g corner bowfront tank. I had bought it a while back and never got to setting it up. I have everything connected I think so I need to leak test my plumbing and then I am good to fill it up. :)

Gonna get a puffer, eel, and then a few angels maybe a butterfly. Gonna take it slow.