So my clowns became territorial.

Bartek101

I have had them together for over 2 years now,never showed any aggression. Five weeks go I have upgraded to 120gal from 75, the clowns were cool till about mid last week. Recently when I was placing some new corals in the tank, both of them went across the tank( never went pass their half of the tank) and viciously started biting me like I was trying to mess with their home which is at he other end. Now every time I stick my hand into the tank both of hem rush towards my hand just to bite. At 1st I thought that maybe they layer eggs but none noticed.. Not sure.
What's this all about...
thanks.

saltymike

I don't know much about the behavior of clown fish but maybe they spawned and they see you as a threat.

Cub21rak

Not an expert here either but could they be made cause u moved them from their original environment and think that's what's about to happen again?

zoomcorvette

I have two small clowns that chew on my arm every time I go in the tank. I can hardly feel it. They are not spawning nor are they hosting anything yet but the upper corner of my tank. They are in a 6' 150. I think this is pretty common for clowns. My cleaner shrimp also likes to climb on my hand as well.

tinman

happens all the time

whenever i have my hand in the tank they come bite me :) its normal

fredfish13

normal behavior. got 2 sets of clowns and whenever i put my hand in either tank they will bite. Now, i have to carry some kind of stick to fend them off while cleaning.

Herbie

Banned
mine really bit bad. I got some of those superman red and blue shoulder gloves and they hide now (even when I don'tt wear them). Clowns are, well, clowns. My female had just about killed my cherub and then everything was cool when I turned over a rock. I think they host in things so they have a place to smoke crack.

gomery12

Mine come out in interest to see what's going on. My watchman goby on the other hand has bit me. That scared the **** out of me. Wasn't expecting it. Now he just comes out to see if I got some food. I could hand feed my goby and clowns if I wanted to. Not a big deal if they bite. Not like they are triggers with teeth. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bartek101

Thanks for the input, there were Never like that before. I can definitely feel it when they are biting. Don't they know that simple rule... " don't bite the hand that feeds you". Lol

Thanks again.