Some feedback on a cycling presentation

Steve1986

That's a great presentation! I like how you broke it down , great way for a starter with no experience looking to get into the hobby , learn the cycling process. I did notice sometimes I clicked on to the next screen the sound would go out.

Bloomingdale

I think you did a very nice job on this and I don't see any errors.

Have you considered using voice-over for each of the cycle phases on the sliding scale?

I'm not sure I'm sold on cycling with fish though...is there any reason to cycle with a fish when you could just do it without? I have no idea what kind stress cycling causes to fish.

pensiveone

That's a great presentation! I like how you broke it down , great way for a starter with no experience looking to get into the hobby , learn the cycling process. I did notice sometimes I clicked on to the next screen the sound would go out.
Thanks Steve. When the sound when out, do you remember where that was?

pensiveone

Thanks Bloomingdale. I did consider using voice-over for that section, but thought it might have been excessive. I may try it out anyway. As for cycling with fishes I have limited personal experience, but I must admit I have never seen a fish stressed or suffering during a cycle. I have only used hardy fish in cycling so that is probably the main factor. The last tank I cycled was a freshwater 15 gallon which I used two black tetras and they showed no signs of stress during the cycle. My opinion is to do whichever you feel comfortable with. No one advocates for all the unhealthy feeder goldfish in overcrowded tanks in pet shops, but from articles I have read online some people act as though cycling with fish = torture. That is a bit extreme I think.