Some macro photos... new camera (Rebel T3)

xtlosx

So we just got a new camera, in preparation for our little one coming here in a couple of weeks, so I thought what better time to get some pictures!

I'm certainly not good with it yet, but here are the first macro shots I was able to take. This is my FIRST camera that I can actually zoom in and see the individual polyps!!

WOOHOO!!! One of these days I'll wrangle Dre over here to show me how to use this **** thing and maybe frag some of these colonies!

ORA Green Slimer

Tyree Pink Lemonade, it's finally coloring up from the brown it was when I got it originally... The green and pink are showing though, awesome colors!

Unidentified colony

Hightlighter Acro

Our ORA Spotted Mandarin, Rex!

Thanks for looking everyone!

bennyblanco

Nice looking shots! Congrats on the little one coming! We're due June 6th!
Can you snap a picture of your 50/50 frogspawn as well?
Thanks!
Brett

xtlosx

very nice? They look much better over here :)
Thanks!! I'm still learning this camera, but man, when I actually look at them on my PC, I can zoom in soooooo far and it's amazing... counting polyp by polyp.

Nice looking shots! Congrats on the little one coming! We're due June 6th!
Can you snap a picture of your 50/50 frogspawn as well?
Thanks!
Brett
Sure thing!

bennyblanco

Very nice! Great looking stock! I really like your Spotted Mandarin! I have a green that is constantly buzzing around. Is that BTA in the background? Would love to see a full tank shot!

xtlosx

and because I just couldn't get enough of this darn camera, some more...

If you look close enough, you can see the top half of the RBTA is a clone... This baby split two weeks ago! They haven't moved, it's so neat.

xtlosx

OK, a couple more, and I PROMISE I'm done!!!!! Now that I actually have a camera that can zoom and take cool pictures, this is suddenly a lot more fun...

I also threw in two pictures, that are NOT reef related, just to mess with yea!

Jacque our cleaner shrimp has to always get in the way of everything, he's the center of attention!

Our long tentacle plate coral.. we got it when it was maybe, 3" in diameter in April, and now it's more than doubled... actually almost tripled!

I believe this is the infamous "Todd's Torch" Someone correct me if I'm losing my mind, but this bad boy is no normal torch. This thing is HUGE, almost 12" when the current hits it right, and went from two heads, to now eight, and I can see it's splitting again.

Nice view from the bottom.. if you take out the algae scrubber and what not, it looks kinda realistic!

The watchman, looking over his home...

Now because I just love taking pictures of these two, our dogs..

Toby, Siberian Husky

Ionia, Siberian Husky x Aussie Shepherd

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Tom, you are doing good!!!! Just keep playing with the settings..

Great pictures!!! You should be a pro soon.

Dre

xtlosx

Some updates since I was bored over the weekend and got some cool action shots!!

Jacque the cleaner shrimp cleaning the YWG.. He was mounting him, and getting in his mouth.... quite the spectacle and it happens all the time.

So this morning, our clone RBTA moved away from the mother, and is moving toward my modest SPS collection... If you look to the left of the big RBTA, you will see the clone.... ahh!

Cool hermit crab shot, cleaning stuff.

and of course... Rex, our Mandarin. He is looking fat, his belly is getting bigger, and he routinely chows down on Pods, and everything frozen that goes in the tank!!

Superman Monti finally encrusting and getting bigger!

Thanks everyone!!!