Some macro shots for fun...:)

labas39

Very nice! I have to invest in a camera and stop using my phone.

What's the cheapest camera you can get to make decent macro shots?

maidia

Team CR
Very nice! I have to invest in a camera and stop using my phone.

What's the cheapest camera you can get to make decent macro shots?
For me any camera will work, it all about the lenses. Need to invest in a good len. Camera grand name doesn't matter too but need to
take pictures under raw format for easy editing later.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
For me any camera will work, it all about the lenses. Need to invest in a good len. Camera grand name doesn't matter too but need to
take pictures under raw format for easy editing later.
Mai, what do you use for post, Lightroom? My new camera doesn't work with my old version of Lightroom and I don't want to pay the monthly fee for the new version.

Nice photos by the way.

maidia

Team CR
Mai, what do you use for post, Lightroom? My new camera doesn't work with my old version of Lightroom and I don't want to pay the monthly fee for the new version.

Nice photos by the way.
What camera? I have lightroom but dont like it. I used software came with Canon, I love it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
What camera? I have lightroom but dont like it. I used software came with Canon, I love it.
I use a Panasonic LUMIX GX85. It's a micro 4/3 camera. I've been using LUMIX for a long time, but can't find a decent way to post process now. Even MS Photo changes so it doesn't let you adjust photos on jpgs.

Between my recent tank issues and my lack of a way to post process, I've not been inclined to get my camera out.

maidia

Team CR
Lumix is a nice camera, but I don't know about their software. You may try to down load free software or ask panasonic see anything of firmware comparable with old lightroom.

maidia

Team CR
I use a Panasonic LUMIX GX85. It's a micro 4/3 camera. I've been using LUMIX for a long time, but can't find a decent way to post process now. Even MS Photo changes so it doesn't let you adjust photos on jpgs.

Between my recent tank issues and my lack of a way to post process, I've not been inclined to get my camera out.
There is software PhotoScape free, I think ok for edit picture but not in Raw Format.

beetlenut33

Premium member
Old post, I know, but I recently downloaded the Adobe DNG converter and convert my RAW files to .dng files and they work in older versions of lightroom. Have you tried this DNG converter?

Nice photos by the way.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Old post, I know, but I recently downloaded the Adobe DNG converter and convert my RAW files to .dng files and they work in older versions of lightroom. Have you tried this DNG converter?
I did try that, but I felt that it degraded the raw files so much that I might as well just use a jpg. I'll have to play around with it some more. Thanks.

Mjl714

Really nice pics.

It's all in the lenses and software, really? Tell us a little more about the successful characteristics of these lenses? I seem to recall you got a pretty nice camera.

Last edited: