SOS Zaya -skimmer overflow stopper review

MMreef

I come across this video and article https://reefbuilders.com/2016/01/13/sos-zaya-is-a-creative-skimmer-overflow-stopper/ last Wednesday, waiting for my car repair at dealership and it got me intrigued. Found some more info on RC and few happy users and decided to order it myself. $54 shipped in nothing , I know I could install couple float switches and have something similar , but I really like how easy it installs, and the controller functions. Ordered Wednesday morning, one hour later I had a confirmation email that is being shipped the same day. Got home today and package is in my house. That was quick. For now I have some pictures, will play with it later and post a quick video of this in action.

[/url]IMG_4400 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_4403 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

MMreef

So, I installed this system today, and I have to say it works as advertised. Two sensors held by magnets, one in the collection cup and other in sump just above water line. If your skimmer starts to overflow, it triggers the first sensor in cup and turns off the pump. It also beeps to let you know that skimmer is off. Second sensor is great if you doing some maintenance and turn off your return pump. Water level in sump raises and triggers second sensor, skimmer is turned off again. Once you restart your return pump and water level goes down to below sensor, skimmer pump starts automatically.
Product feels well made, not cheap, controller very easy to read and understand. Instructions well written. Nice touch is they also send you small round file to make notch for sensor cable, so your cup cover sits flat. Here some more pictures. Did not have time to make video, will do it next time. Overall I am pleased so far and $50 bucks well spent. Now let's just see how well it holds up. Warranty is for one year.

Two sensors circled
[/url]IMG_4417 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

round file sent with product
[/url]IMG_4405 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_4407 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_4412 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

controller installed
[/url]IMG_4413 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]