SpectraPure Max Cap 90gpd RO/DI unit

RJDENNIS

So my tank has been up and running for a little over 4 months now, I have 2 clowns and 1 yellow tang swimming happily around.
I have done water changes every other week using the water from my RO/DI unit. My water is well water and I have the unit hooked up after my water softener and my TDS before the filters reads around 740 and I am now starting to get a reading of 2 after the filters. Is this something to really worry about? I have no algae in the tank and water parameters are fine.
I will be buying the filters for the unit but dont know if I only need to replace the sediment and carbon filters or everything. The unit is only a year old but its only been in use for the last 4 months.

Thanks

skyon888

From what i've read on other sites anything under 5 TDS and you're still good. 740 TDS before filtering seems really high, you're really putting the filters to work! I've heard that the DI resin is the first to go, but with a TDS reading that high I bet your pre filters are shot as well.

Would like to hear what other people think as well, mine just started reading 1 TDS after about 9 months. I plan to wait until I see 3 TDS and replace all filters and resin.

Softened water is high TDS but a lot easier your ro membrane than straight well water.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I read that the carbon and sediment filters should be changed every six months and the resin changed when your TDS gets "higher". Your GPD will drop if your sediment filter is really clogged; and your carbon block is what gets rid of the chlorine so you can't really tell when it needs changing. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.