Start of the 120g build

Cubano32

Premium member
Since Gugsjr upgraded his 120g to a 210g I was lucky enough to buy his old setup.

I will be upgrading from my 34g deep blue rimless to this massive 120g. This is going to be my biggest tank I have had. So I'm very excited and little nervous at the same time.

My 34g is mostly a LPS and softie tank with minimal sps. This new tank I will be trying to focus more on strictly SPS.

So now for the goodies I will be running an ATI 36" 6 bulb t5 with my two AI Primes on each ends of the t5s.

Flow I will use my gyre along with my 2 jaebos.

I still need to get some rock so I can start the dreaded aquascape. I'll try to update this as best as i can sorry it's so long I'm not good at writing threads on builds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

goat585

Administrator
Since Gugsjr upgraded his 120g to a 210g I was lucky enough to buy his old setup.

I will be upgrading from my 34g deep blue rimless to this massive 120g. This is going to be my biggest tank I have had. So I'm very excited and little nervous at the same time.

My 34g is mostly a LPS and softie tank with minimal sps. This new tank I will be trying to focus more on strictly SPS.

So now for the goodies I will be running an ATI 36" 6 bulb t5 with my two AI Primes on each ends of the t5s.

Flow I will use my gyre along with my 2 jaebos.

I still need to get some rock so I can start the dreaded aquascape. I'll try to update this as best as i can sorry it's so long I'm not good at writing threads on builds.

nice. I have always been big fan of that size tank. I'm looking forward to see what you do with it.

GugsJr

TeamCR
It cleaned up well if you need help with the bean animal setup let me know I'll take a drive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cubano32

Premium member
It cleaned up well if you need help with the bean animal setup let me know I'll take a drive.

Oh I will for sure need some help but just have to order that last few valves and PVC

Cubano32

Premium member

You should see how well the stand cleaned up ..I already put on some coats of black on

GugsJr

TeamCR
You aren't wasting time. You going to do a full cycle or one like I did?

Cubano32

Premium member
Finished repainting and resealed the stand today also was able to get another few coats dont on the two sides of the tank

Cubano32

Premium member
Soo been a week or so since updated but been hectic and busy with the wife and I bringing in a new little reefer into this world. She is going to learn everything and be ready to take on full sps tank by the time she is 5 lol

conchman

Premium member
Guess we can excuse you for that reason, hope everyone is well and congrats...also, nice shirt! They make one in extra tiny?

Cubano32

Premium member
I should find out if I can get one made or a onesie in her size
Guess we can excuse you for that reason, hope everyone is well and congrats...also, nice shirt! They make one in extra tiny?

GugsJr

TeamCR
Soo been a week or so since updated but been hectic and busy with the wife and I bringing in a new little reefer into this world. She is going to learn everything and be ready to take on full sps tank by the time she is 5 lol

Congrats again, you need any help let me know.

I'm sure at 5 she'll be teaching you new things about reefing

Cubano32

Premium member
Thanks guys..with baby now I think it's time I get an apex system so I can monitor things a little more closely without having to be around the tank non stop

Cubano32

Premium member
Hey all been a few weeks since last update but with new baby still in the hospital and running back and forth every day haven't had much time to work on the tank.

But thanks to [MENTION=4028]GugsJr[/MENTION] for coming over today to help me finish getting everything put together and dry fitting all the plumbing was able to knock it all out and finish today.

Got all the pvc pipes taped up and painted

Only think left to do now is get some rocks and start working on the scape ideas