Steve's ZERO

Steve1986

I have been on CR for a while now and with all the beautiful tanks on here , plus the ones I have seen from members here I have just never worked up the courage to post my tanks or start a build thread .So I'm going to finally work up the courage to post a build thread , so here it goes . The tank is a 20 gallon Zero Edge . I bought the tank used and I've had it for a while but never got around to set it up.
View attachment 11218
I'm not to sure which route to go with this tank, I was thinking in tearing down my 39 gallon cadlight tank and use all of the live rock and move over the huge nem with her pair of gold stripe maroon clowns , throwing a couple more nem's and a bunch of zoas . Any suggestions ?
View attachment 11219
The tank came with this wet & dry . I want to eliminate the wet & dry so I bought this used marineland tank so I can section off a part for my fuge.
View attachment 11220
View attachment 11221
For skimmer , I am going to use a Red Sea classic Berlin skimmer I have laying around its rated for 225 gal. For return pump, a 9.5 mag is recommended , here's where I would appreciate some advice. I have a mag18 , can I split this for my return and skimmer? Or would it be good to just use a pump for each? For lighting , I bought the d120 full spectrum led fixture in the kratos groupbuy, I have to say these lights are bad a$$. I think that sums it up, any suggestions , comments or complaints are appreciated.

rosko23

Those are pretty cool lil tanks. I wanted to get one but my daughter would be all up in it...

Why not just tear down and reconfigure. Those tanks are nice and 39g is a good size to keep you busy. Turn the 20 into an anenome tank! If I had the room and time, I'd do another tank. :sad:

Steve1986

Why not just tear down and reconfigure. Those tanks are nice and 39g is a good size to keep you busy. Turn the 20 into an anenome tank! If I had the room and time, I'd do another tank. :sad:
Here's another pic of the cad Walt View attachment 11236
I really like this tank but the problem is not the time or room the problem is this :View attachment 11237
I also have a 120 gal reef and I think I would have to get a divorce lawyer if I setup a third tank lol , but this will have to be a different thread.

Tangency

Glad you started a thread! Very nice... my suggestion, seeing that you already have a 120, is try keeping something completely different. A temperate biotope? Macro algae with seahorses? NPS? *shrug* With two tanks you could care for two completely different slices of nature and keep husbandry exciting. Good luck!