Stingrays 60gallon cube, Long over due!

Stingray

Well this has been a long time coming but, I'm finally trying to get back into the game. I set up my 60 gallon cube back in May. It has a nano sea creations 3 chamber sump that's a perfect fit under the stand.

Stingray

Took about a week to figure out how I wanted the scape but finally decided.

I also decided on using the maxspect razor 120 16k and I'm glad I did. It has the perfect coverage for the 2'-2' footprint.

Stingray

Have to say after 4 1/2 months, I'm still loving the Smart A.t.o and the sca skimmer kicks ass as well!

Stingray

So new and clean, this was on my bday on june 21, the wife got me 5 blue/green chromis as starter fish. I also threw the clowns from my old setup in.

Last edited:

Stingray

Here's a family pic thats pretty current, 5 chromis, 2 jerk clowns, Tom the tomini tang, a radiant wrasse, pistol shrimp and mated pair if diamond gobies.

Stingray

Then my tank took a turn for the worse. My bta walked all over and it was honestly something I looked over. Came home from work and all my sticks were gone and he was in a new spot. I stopped doing water changes and barely cleaned off the glass. I was pissed but about a month n a half ago I got over it n cleaned up shop. Talking to Chris (Lunacris) and jrpark- Josh at our frag swap in Japan got me in the right mood and direction. I got another bta despite what happened and some good deals on some ultra zoas.

Stingray

As of right now it's kinda bare but I'm still happy with it. there is no sps but its ok because I'm going to be focusing on my Zoas and favias for awhile.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Looks good. I like the clowns and nems. Did you just buy the livestock or did you have it in a different tank and transfer?

Stingray

Started with all fresh dry Marco prime cuts. Nothing alive, just used Dr. Tims "one and only" to jumpstart the cycle with the 5 chromis added a month later.