stocking a 75 gallon FOWLR tank

greenninja19

So guys and gals as the title state I have a 75 gallon Fowlr tank. I new to the hobbie I was hoping u guys could give some advice on the list of fish im getting ready stock im my tank.
1 coral beauty
1 flame Angelfish
2 snowflake clownfish
2 sleeper Toby
snow flake eel
marine Betta
Yellow tang
Fuzzy dwarf lionfish

Do u guys think all the fish will be okay together is the some different fish I should add to the list, some fish I should remove, is that going be much for the tank. I have a wet dry system designed for a 125 gallon tank. I know the lionfish I fairly aggressive but the guy at my LFS told me if I put all my small fish in first then the lion and let him grow up with them he would leave them alone.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
The Flame and Coral Beauty would need to be added together, but they still might end up fighting. Make sure the Sleeper Goby's are a mated pair or they will fight. Be careful that the Goby's are not too small because the Betta might eat them, same goes for the Lion. Make sure the tank is covered so the eel doesn't slither out.

That is a fair amount of fish to add to a 75 but most of them are relatively small. Be patient and add the fish slowly to allow your bacterial filtration to grow with your bioload. For instance, 2 fish per month.

If you have plenty of hiding spaces and keep your water in check then I personally wouldn't think it was too much.
How much rock will you have in the tank?

frostyjay1

you also may want to consider some type of wrasse too. they can be very benificial to the system. +1 to adding slowly or you get spikes in your parameters that can harm or kill your fish. Being new to this hobby, pateince is the key.

blackrose24

I'd be careful with the eel and the clowns. I've heard if you keep the eel well fed it helps but there's still a chance it will eat your clowns

yogoshio

Anything that can fit in the lion's mouth will end up in there, so make sure to either get decent size gobies and clowns, or get a very small lion. Same with the marine betta.

fwadiver

the flame angel and coral beauty will end up lionfish food too most likely, even if they cant fit in their mouths, fish the same size or smaller than the lion are asking to be eaten. Tank is on the small side for a yellow tang, might want to look at bristletooths as they tend to swim less.

fwadiver

diamond gobies are good shovelers, but will jump thru the tiniest cracks in a tank lid. They are escape artists.