Stop hijacking threads

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Would members please stop hijacking threads? If you have something new to ask just start another thread. Posts should answer the question posed; not what you think should be done. (Ok off my soapbox now.)

trackfast

Princess Trainer
"Should I buy LR or go with DR?" And then you get "Why don't you make your own rock?" or " Go bare bottom!"

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I wouldn't even consider that a hijack. It's still on topic and relates to the question. It's just an opinion of what they should do in regards to the original question. The bare bottom part doesn't make sense though.

By the way, do you guys prefer a deep sand bed or just a small amount of gravel that you vacuum out often?

"Should I buy LR or go with DR?" And then you get "Why don't you make your own rock?" or " Go bare bottom!"

William Lutman

Would members please stop hijacking threads? If you have something new to ask just start another thread. Posts should answer the question posed; not what you think should be done. (Ok off my soapbox now.)
Is this a regulation soap box? or a foreign knock off? Zoa union wants to know

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I wouldn't even consider that a hijack. It's still on topic and relates to the question. It's just an opinion of what they should do in regards to the original question. The bare bottom part doesn't make sense though.

By the way, do you guys prefer a deep sand bed or just a small amount of gravel that you vacuum out often?
I think it's a hijack bc the question isn't being answered. An of course it a good Made in USA soapbox.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I guess, but if a person asked if they should start a tank with gasoline or diesel fuel, I don't think it would be unreasonable to suggest Dr Tim's. I'm honestly sorry for hijacking your hijacking thread with a debate about what hijacking is. I'll stop now.

I think it's a hijack bc the question isn't being answered. An of course it a good Made in USA soapbox.

madjoe

Premium member
I once saw a movie where a guy and a girl got hijacked . Great movie then i saw a movie where a girl and a guy got lowjacked and dumb movie . Then another movie came ouf was a girl and a cat got hijacked best movie ever

Top Water

You been hanging around Aquaman too much
I once saw a movie where a guy and a girl got hijacked . Great movie then i saw a movie where a girl and a guy got lowjacked and dumb movie . Then another movie came ouf was a girl and a cat got hijacked best movie ever

madjoe

Premium member
You been hanging around Aquaman too much
Lol nah we dont talk no more. We cab ask people all day to stop hijacking threads it wont work. Ive seen progressive hijacks to . Where some one answers the question but adds a little something else and all of sudden unless u go back to the op u think that the thread is about that little thing that that somebody just bought up not to highjack but to just mention and somebody else comented on that and boom whole train derailed on accident . Im just saying. I just learn to ignore and deal with it lol the new mad joe the not so mad joe

Herbie

Banned
One man's hijack is another's interesting and constructive point (sometimes). I agree with Vic that it is really annoying when it's a complete non sequitur, but sometimes a question is clearly stating a misunderstanding on the OPs part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Odyssey

One man's hijack is another's interesting and constructive point (sometimes). I agree with Vic that it is really annoying when it's a complete non sequitur, but sometimes a question is clearly stating a misunderstanding on the OPs part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Whats a "non sequitur"?? ;-))

superslinky911

I think your referring to the Water changes during cycle thread (i sure hope thats what your talking about or im gonna look like a dork lol disregard my stupidness if your talking about something else!!!). I was by all means not trying to "hijack" or push BB what so ever. It probably would of been best for his response before machine gunning posts on his thread but its not like all of that was even off topic the guy is obviously questioning his cycling. If I make a thread with a question I want as many question, answers, doubts, and disagreements. That dude just joined and looked how many people are interacting with him he didnt just get his answer but a bunch of other possible routes/questions from his original post. Def not trying to cause a ruckus but lemme know if im in the wrong