Strange Scoly Flesh Growth

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I have been noticing some strange scoly flesh growth. Under the body of the scoly where the flesh meets the substrate there is an area of flesh that is growing down the side of the substrate further than the rest of the body. Has any one noticed this growth with their scoly. Do you know what this growth is?

As for a little history of my scoly....I have had this piece for about 4 years now and it is my only one. I feed it often and it gets plenty of light. The scoly sits on my sand bed. As for flow most of my tank is medium to high flow so mainly medium since it is down at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cubano32

Premium member
I have been noticing some strange scoly flesh growth. Under the body of the scoly where the flesh meets the substrate there is an area of flesh that is growing down the side of the substrate further than the rest of the body. Has any one noticed this growth with their scoly. Do you know what this growth is?

As for a little history of my scoly....I have had this piece for about 4 years now and it is my only one. I feed it often and it gets plenty of light. The scoly sits on my sand bed. As for flow most of my tank is medium to high flow so mainly medium since it is down at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yea not sure I don't have one but always wanted one will get one soon...but off topic what kind of zoa is that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Yea not sure I don't have one but always wanted one will get one soon...but off topic what kind of zoa is that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh man you gotta get one, def one of my favorites. I would want more but running out of room.

The zoas are Utter chaos.