Stupid Apex

Monty06

Looks like my tank will be only on moonlighting tomorrow. Been screwing around with hooking my my rapid leds to my new apex with vdm module and cannot get it to work for the life of me. I am positive everything is getting power and is hooked up correctly, but yet nothing! Been going on 4 hrs trying to get this to work

If there are any apex wizards in the area that would be willing to help me out i will pay you in beer, food, or cash if you can get me up to speed!

wld1783

Rapid LEDs?

Any way if your using their ELN60-48D this link will help..Also note that you really have to adjust the ELN driver before running at full as I measured the current on some drivers at over 1500mA

Page 12 starts the APEX Programming, for 1-10vdc drivers its the same http://reefledlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ReefSpectrum-P47.pdf

Worse case you can Jerry Rig a 1-10VDC source to the driver to control it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bill

Last edited:

jm23

Looks like my tank will be only on moonlighting tomorrow. Been screwing around with hooking my my rapid leds to my new apex with vdm module and cannot get it to work for the life of me. I am positive everything is getting power and is hooked up correctly, but yet nothing! Been going on 4 hrs trying to get this to work

If there are any apex wizards in the area that would be willing to help me out i will pay you in beer, food, or cash if you can get me up to speed!
What is your APEX code for your lights? Did you DIY the cable from the dimmers to the APEX or did you use the one RapidLED sells?

Monty06

What is your APEX code for your lights? Did you DIY the cable from the dimmers to the APEX or did you use the one RapidLED sells?
Its not even the coding I am worried about. I cant even get the VDM module properly connected to the aquabus port, is it possible my VDM is bad? I follow the directions and plug it into the aquabus port before I set anything else up and get the yellow flasing light on the VDM. A few times it flashed a while, went green for a second, then went right back to flashing yellow (which is what it did all night long). The apex recognizes it as the module shows up in the module configuration page and the 4 VDM and 2 LED channels shows up in the outlet setup, but yet it still flashes yellow. I think that is my first problem.

I bought the wire with the VDM from BRS but yes it is the same cord that Rapid sells, the 2 channel apex to dimming cable. One end is the Phone jack type end, and the other has Black, red, yellow, and green ends. When I get to the wiring I understand the green and yellow are not used, but I believe I have to get the VDM figured out first.

Do you know if there is a way to reset the VDM? I have tried unplugging and repluging in, plugging into different ports, reseting entire unit then plugging in, plugging the lights in while still flashing (in hopes it would somehow work) yet nothing.

Monty06

Do you think this could be a firmware problem? Is that why it still flashes?

Im going to try re update the firmware when I get home tonight

Its not even the coding I am worried about. I cant even get the VDM module properly connected to the aquabus port, is it possible my VDM is bad? I follow the directions and plug it into the aquabus port before I set anything else up and get the yellow flasing light on the VDM. A few times it flashed a while, went green for a second, then went right back to flashing yellow (which is what it did all night long). The apex recognizes it as the module shows up in the module configuration page and the 4 VDM and 2 LED channels shows up in the outlet setup, but yet it still flashes yellow. I think that is my first problem.

I bought the wire with the VDM from BRS but yes it is the same cord that Rapid sells, the 2 channel apex to dimming cable. One end is the Phone jack type end, and the other has Black, red, yellow, and green ends. When I get to the wiring I understand the green and yellow are not used, but I believe I have to get the VDM figured out first.

Do you know if there is a way to reset the VDM? I have tried unplugging and repluging in, plugging into different ports, reseting entire unit then plugging in, plugging the lights in while still flashing (in hopes it would somehow work) yet nothing.
possibly the VDM , not the first time 1 has been bad GL
Bob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk