Sump Question

bulldog0407

Premium member
Hey everyone, I am finally starting my build of my 93 gallon cube (build thread coming soon), and I just completed my 40 gallon breeder sump. The question I have is should I build a small stand for my sump? I am setting up the tank in my finished basement, and the sump will be under the stairs on the back side of the wall where the tank is. The floor is cement, with tile installed on top of it. My fear is if I do not build something for it, there will not be any give on the floor and the sump could crack. Has anyone done anything like this before? I was thinking about using some 2x4's, turning them on edge to raise it up 1.5 inches, and create a base for under the sump. Then put plywood and foam on top of the base to give the tank some room to settle. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I don't like putting tanks on the floor either but I would do it even simpler; sump onto the plywood.

Wildisme

I have my acrylic sump sitting directly on tile. I just made sure it was all clean and smooth before putting in the sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk