Sump/skimmer setup help needed

CoralPharmD

So I just purchased frostyjay1's 46 gallon tank with sump and skimmer. I am just wondering what they best way to set up the sump and skimmer. Jason gave me the filter pads to place on the tray. My question is what else can I include in the sump like live rock, sand/crushed coral, chaeto etc... I have some pictures shown below. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 9170

View attachment 9171

CoralPharmD

Nobody knows? I have off tomorrow, only day off for the next week and a half and would like to do the majority of the set up...

CoralPharmD

k. Anywhere to put chaeto? Do you have any pictures of this setup at your place Jason?

Also, I am still looking for a Mag 3 or rio 2100 pump... I cannot post new threads in marketplace....

frostyjay1

as far as cheato. i would get a cheap hob filter (small) and hang it on the side of the sump. if you put it in the basin, it will get in the pump filter

CoralPharmD

ok so I should put live rock on the right hand side under the filter pad and just run the skimmer and return pump on the left side? I will experiment on where to put the chaeto until I find the right spot later. I just want to get this tank set up and get the water parameters right so I can transfer my fish and take down my other tank.