Superlux LED review - ReefBreeders giveaway

Milhouse

Premium member
Just did an I boxing and set it up over my 10 gal where I'm holding my corals for the next week while the cycle finishes on my biocube. So far so good light is very well built and was boxed very well. You are given the option to hang the light or there are legs to perch the light on the rim of a tank. Which is how I’ll be using it. Assembly was smooth and straight forward. There is no instructions on how to attach anything, if you don't know what end of a screwdriver to use it may take you a little while.

Set up was a breeze with the included remote control. You can also program the light with the knob/push button on the unit itself. It was a little more difficult this way however. The remote is super easy to use.

The program is very basic. Ch1 is your blues and ultraviolets adjustable all the way down to 1%. Ch2 is your reds and whites. Once again, programmable down to 1%. There is only an option for on and off via built in timer for channel 1 & 2. The light only has a timer and no ability to create a sunrise/sunset program or moonlight option.

Over all this appears to be an excellent light for any level of reefing. If anybody has a PAR meter I will get some readings.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Great stuff, Thanks Jason!

I spoke with ReefBreeders. This is a new product and they are working on making the instructions better for the future. The light has timers and not the controller (Apex or ReefKeeper) features required for sunrise/sunset and moonlight.

Last edited:

tonyg623

I got the same light around the time you did.. did you happen to figure out what the rectangle looking black plastic pieces are for?

Milhouse

Premium member
I got the same light around the time you did.. did you happen to figure out what the rectangle looking black plastic pieces are for?
Are you talking about the ones on the left in the second picture, or the smaller ones that came in a bag with the screws? ( bag next to the power cord in second picture)

tonyg623

The bag next to the power cord. I used the screws but I could not figure out what the rectangle pieces were for.

Milhouse

Premium member
The bag next to the power cord. I used the screws but I could not figure out what the rectangle pieces were for.
They are to keep the bases of the stand in place on the rim of your tank. If you are using the light with the metal "L" brackets and the larger black bases, like i am, those smaller black pieces are to "clamp" the larger pieces to your tank rim. They slide on to the ridged tab of the larger black piece. They will go either way to accomidate different tank thinknesses.

I can get you a picture if my description sucks.

tonyg623

Ah interesting, I will try that tonight when I get home. Thanks. Hopefully I can figure it out haha. If not ill ask for a pic.

Milhouse

Premium member

2 month update!

Growth is fantastic with this light. My tank is mostly zoas but my frags and colony's are growing really well. The colors a really vibrant too. The pictures aren't great cause of my iPhone ( also just bought an MP10) but you get the idea.
All things considered, this is a great light for anybody looking to get into LED lighting on a budget. No issues, easy to program and powerful.