Switching from par38 to 150mh. Help

m.miller1547

Okay guys. I'm picking up smitty k2 viper deluxe. I'm not worried about heat. My apartment has central ac for summer and my tank is open top. What I am worried about is bleaching everything. I'm gonna hanging it up high.

I've never owned a mh so I can't judge the power. Should I just part with my rics and rock nem or should I hope for the best. I'm thinking it gonna be 15-20in above the water and my tank is 10 deep.

Thanks for your input.

Smitty

Premium member
Actually, it's the other way around.... my corals bleached when I switched from mh to led, but not the other way around. To be on the safe side, just run the mh for a few hrs a day until the corals get used to the new lighting. I wouldn't get rid of your other corals, because this light will do well for everything in your tank.

FishBeard

You'll be fine. Hung that high might still not be enough light to hurt anything. Gonna have a LOT of light spill thou.

m.miller1547

Well that pretty much settles it. I trust your opinions and I think I agree. Lol. As far as light spill goes.... Well.... It for the greater growth of things. The gf will get over it. My lights run from 8am to 5pm. With the window shades open it won't be too bad. Crispy mh look here I come.

Im gonna part with the rics and nem. The nem has caused too many injuries and fatalities. Its luck to have not seen the blender by now. The rics are gorgeous, but I think I need more sticks and I have to bring some Acans down. Lookout for another fs thread.