Tank addition for my 90 gallon mixedreef

Have so many ideas for this 27 gallon first i was going to go with a display refugium but now i was thinking bout putting the rose bubble tip in there by itself . Seen a video on marine depot the guy put his anemones in a similar tank but lil bigger and it was sweet. Or i can make it into a sps only tank what do you guys suggest >? Going to add this right next to my 90 and connect to the 40 gall sump, just have to buy some live sand and perhaps some live rock anyone know of a lfs with a good sale on sand and salt soon>? Heres the corals in my 90 gal that was in the 27 anarchy had , there doing very well after acclimation . I figure out what to do with the damsel i left it in the 10 gal with the live rock, the piece with the leather that was there and looks like bam bams not sure just in case the leather was releasing some stuff i put the protein skimmer in there to clean and give fish some flow and the lil heater. Now my wife wants to keep it so idk was thinking fish bowl lol. To many ideas this how far i got since last night

anarchy

Those shrooms look good in the dt. You could start dropping anemones in that 27 and just have a ton of them in here. Or build up the rock work and do all sps

"man i've never had such a hard time to decide what to make a tank into". Update>so far tank is filling will fresh water from the 5 stage next to the 90 waiting for my salt to arrive

day two 27 filling up

filling up tank slowly havent been home to watch it waiting for salt cant figure out what kind of live sand to get for the 27 what you guys think? I want to put the anemone in there but the clowns must go with it so going to add them once i combine the tanks

anarchy

We'll have to meet up so you can get the glass top. I like the look of the reef flakes sand or the special grade I believe is what it's called

cet98

why not consider a "specialized" tank?.....like maybe a mantis shrimp or go with a deep sandbed and add a couple of Yellowhead Jawfish...something you can't/wouldn't put in your 90....

just a thought ;)

03/28/15

Tank doing well checked my salinity and it was 0.25 love the new refractometer should of bought one a long time ago. Who ever wins there's is going to be happy. Salt water mixing in the 27 as we speak with small heater. Going to add some black live sand this week anyone know of a good place to order it or cheap LF .Also going to add some more live rock when i can pick it from a fellow CR er. Just have to buy a extension for the return pump and clean up the sump. oh and add the light to the right side of the 90gal.

rockhead

Mario over at aquatica $ 24 for a 20lb bag black Hawaiian sand I put 4 in my 120 and was perfect

Tom

100LL

I have about 20lbs if you want it. 2/3 of the bag is used and 1/3 bag is new. Free ;-)

Last edited:
update end of march

OK so I've been mixing water in the 27 so when i clean out my sump i can do a water change. Adding 3 way filter box and putting all my crushed coral in the bin with the macro algae and adding the protein skimmers in the middle. The Sump is ready for a lil spring cleaning, this will lower excess phosphates and the gfo will last longer in my reactors. Then i will add the black live sand and add salt water i had premixing to the 27. This will be done a week apart or longer so parameters don't fluctuate to much. I'm going to keep them separate and slowly combine it to the 90. Still waiting on the Live Rock im going to add when the tank is running. Slowly cleaning up the water in the 90 should give me better results with the sps i will be adding. Heres some pics of the softies doing very well

I cleaned up the sump and refilled the 27 nem tank , salt water mixing again. Took all the crushed coral and put it into a 20 gal long i had laying around with half of the macro algae and the damsel for now. sump additions include: three way filter box for the overflow,extra protein skimmer, and a circulation pump.