Tank It Easy

Stork141

So today i took a different route home from work and saw this shop. I stopped in and took a look it was a small shop but great looking tanks. Very clean and great looking displays. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this shop or any info about it?

Bought a tank set-up from a reefer in the city and he did say every Fish and Coral he bought came from there and he sounded very happy,we were going to check the place out on the way back to the Xpressway but it was to early and they weren't opened yet .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Stork141

Ok well that's good. Everything looked in great shape. They seemed to only carry high end equipment vortecs and radions. Anyone purchase livestock from them at all? Would like to know some more about it because it seems to be a very new store not much is written online about them.

SkullV

Is it a store or just a maintenance/install company with a showroom? Their website makes it seen like they don't sell livestock to non install/maintenance accounts.

Stork141

That is a fantastic question. Now that you mention it I never saw any prices. While I was in i did see a guy buy 15 lbs of lr but not sure if he was a client.

cju84

Anybody got any news on this store?
Just an update on this store. I am actually very new to the hobby (tank just came in today), but visited these guys last week as it is only a mile from my condo. They do sell livestock (both fish and corals). The fish are all priced out on the tanks but the corals are not. They will also sell water from their tanks as well as live rock, which they store off-site (I think only 2-3 people work there and they keep it separate?). Anyway, I am going to get rock and water from them - they only need a notice the prior day and they'll bring in some rock.

Super friendly/helpful guys. All the tanks looked amazing (to my beginner's eye).

ultimatemj

I believe it is the extension of a maintenance/install company, as I seem to recall it used to only be open by appointment.

Haven't tried to look them up in a long time as I either do spur of the moment lunch time city errands or suburb weekend LFS visits...

cju84

Hey MJ - you were right - they don't have regular hours during the week. I think there is generally someone there on the weekend though.

Last edited:
I use these guys mainly to come and feed my fish while I'm away. $20 a visit. I did buy a fish from these one time so they do sell livestock but many times the store isn't open. There's been a few times I've gone there to get water and no one's at the store. I asked Tom, one of the owners, and he said they've had problems with getting good personnel. One time I bought some saltwater from them to do a water change. Only, it wasn't saltwater...just regular freshwater. Good thing I checked salinity first. I do believe the guy has since been let go and it was an honest mistake - they repaid me with a few free jugs of water.

They also were the ones I called to move my tank. They did an excellent job, scrubbing my tank and cleaning the sand and rocks as well. They charged $100/hour with a 5 hour minimum and did an excellent job.

mishmaster

They also were the ones I called to move my tank. They did an excellent job, scrubbing my tank and cleaning the sand and rocks as well. They charged $100/hour with a 5 hour minimum and did an excellent job.
Maybe I misunderstood you. Do you mean you paid $500 for a tank cleaning and moving? How big is your tank?

Last edited:
I wish I could train my little brother to clean my tank. He would probably accept payments in candy. LOL
lol...well the other movers, the guys that moved my furniture actually asked me when they first walked in if they were also moving the tank...i'm like, you guys know how to move tanks? they said they could, they would just drain all the water out first...no way, i doubt they even knew it was a saltwater tank or that all the pretty colors in the tank weren't fake plants...for a brief second i thought i could save $500 bucks but then realized it was too big a risk having them move my tank

madjoe

Premium member
:jaw: woah thats alot for small tank ine dude can carry .

BruceK

Premium member
I use them for service twice monthly and they do a great job. Tom & Brian are knowledgeable and personable... nice folks to deal with
they helped me turn my tank around and turn it into a great show tank

:jaw: woah thats alot for small tank ine dude can carry .
well you've seen my car, right? lol, you know i can't fit anything in there much less an entire aquarium setup...i just don't have the means to do it myself and we were moving moving that day as in relocation all our furniture as well so it was a busy day...i don't mind paying professionals for the peace of mind

and i also called/emailed all the other aquarium places in the area and either they never got back to me, were more expensive, or you needed to be part of their maintenance program to move your tank for you...Tank it Easy were the only ones willing to do it :(

Last edited: