Tank Move

Saltpete

Hi, I am planning to move my 90 across my basement to a new location. It's been in the same spot since it's been set up. I have never moved a tank before. Can anyone give me some advice on this process. Ask any questions you may have. Thanks for any help.

Top Water

Take water out and save it before you make a dirt cloud with sand
Put coral in one bucket fish in another go for it

Saltpete

Moving it approximately 20'. I am moving it off carpet onto tile, I was wondering about those furniture sliders. Hopefully this weekend.

Moving a tank is easy, moving the inhabitants takes planning. When I did it I set up a kiddie pool and used about half tank water and half fresh water. Took all the rock out and put it in the pool which already had heaters going. Then it was easy to catch the fish. I vacuumed the sand out into a fine strainer so all the garbage flowed out and I could catch and rinse it. The funiture sliders actually work very well.

Last edited:

BigKev23

+1 on the kiddie pool. When my friend upgraded from a 125 to his 250, we setup two little kiddie pools and put all the rock, coral, and fish in there. He slowly moved them back in over two days.

phish2277

Planning is key to the tasks. I moved s tank from the bottom floor to the top floor. I lost a only a few corals do to not completing walking through the process prior to starting. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk