Tank movers

Cubsfan16

Anyone know of good tank movers in the north burbs or O’Hare area? Looking to move a 180g. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I got a dude. He’ll carry it in his back by himself. But seriously, he knows what he’s doing. Not a fish tank mover necessarily, but he’s moved two tanks for me and one was my current 240 that had to go down tight stairs and through a tight door. I’ll PM you.

Mjl714

I got a dude. He’ll carry it in his back by himself. But seriously, he knows what he’s doing. Not a fish tank mover necessarily, but he’s moved two tanks for me and one was my current 240 that had to go down tight stairs and through a tight door. I’ll PM you.
Are you serious, the guy does this by himself?

Projects with Sam

I may need someone like that for when I upgrade... I'll need to take out 3-4 steps @ the bottom of my staircase to get a 7 footer in. (low ceiling in stairwell at the landing...)

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Are you serious, the guy does this by himself?
No, but him and one other guy moved my 240 gallon CDA aquarium (built like a tank with double Eurobrace) into my basement. He doesn’t like to do whole-household moves and prefers to do multiple large object technical moves each day.

Mjl714

No, but him and one other guy moved my 240 gallon CDA aquarium (built like a tank with double Eurobrace) into my basement. He doesn’t like to do whole-household moves and prefers to do multiple large object technical moves each day.
Wow, that is awesome to think about. Two guys, I can’t even imagine how they make this work. I’ve seen these guys that can carry a couch with hide away bed built in, on their back with a strap, but a 240g tank? There must be some physics involved in this solution. Good to know they exist.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Wow, that is awesome to think about. Two guys, I can’t even imagine how they make this work. I’ve seen these guys that can carry a couch with hide away bed built in, on their back with a strap, but a 240g tank? There must be some physics involved in this solution. Good to know they exist.
I worked for United Van Lines moving company for three summer in college…loading and unloading those big trucks you see in the highway. There is a lot of skill in moving big heavy stuff. There are some guys that are really good at it and plenty of guys that aren’t. You don’t want those guys in your job.

Cubsfan16

Ended up not buying the tank but ordered an Innovative Marine 150 -488lbs. Still going to use him to get it in my basement. Thanks again

Jahnari- I’ll keep you in mind if this falls through. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk