Tank2379 2.2 Deep Blue Build

Tank2379

Update: 4/3/2013

Well no real update nothing has really changed since my last update I did a water change over the weekend and everything is doing great, same 2 polys are growing I will update with a picture later today

Tank2379

It's been awhile but mine is still alive and kicking yesterday was the first time I did a water change since the last one which I think was over a month ago... All water parameters are stable

Alk 8
Cal 444
Mag- not tested
Ammonia- 0.0ppm
Nitrate- 0ppm
Nitrite- 0ppm
Phosphate 0ppm
Salinity has been staying at a steady 1.025

Cheato algae has been growing mad so I keep having to trim it back. I leave the top off the AC20. Still haven't seen any new polyps pop out yet.
Fits

My two healthy polyps

Tank2379

that sucks man. what happened?
MY fan died on my LED fixture the heat when up to about 82 on Monday and when I woke up the next morning the polyps where just gone. I kept my water at a nice cool 76 degress so 6 degree change sucked and I didn't catch it until the end of the day when I saw the polyps closed

Tank2379

Do you use a controller? Sorry to hear about the crash
Naw I only had my LED's hooked up the controller for dusk dawn other than that the heater is all alone but it's working fine since it was off it just got real hot in my place on Monday my 60G was at 79 which was ok but this little guy needs a chiller for sure.

m.miller1547

It seems to me like this was a problem polyp. Bad luck for most. Mine is still hanging in,but its definitely not doing great. Idk if it was a wild colony that needed more time before fragging or just finicky. Gl to u.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I will do another one just need a chiller to keep things on the low low
Glad to hear you are still in. I really am surprised on how warm your pico gets. Mine is within .5 degree if ambient temp and we have similar setups excluding the light.

Tank2379

Glad to hear you are still in. I really am surprised on how warm your pico gets. Mine is within .5 degree if ambient temp and we have similar setups excluding the light.
My apartment is over 100 years Old and has no circulation at all so when it heats up it heats up fast. I will be putting in a AC unit next to the windows to keep that area of the house cool...

scotty

Frank. Pm me Im pretty sure I have a frag of a single head now 2 that I can get to you. Or if the winner is super nice they can give you their frag since they are getting 8 heads :)

Tank2379

I'm still in waiting for the nex period I voted for SPS in the next round :)... Oh and BTW the polyps are still alive and kicking